Around the world, extreme weather is becoming the new normal. Deadly flooding, heat waves, wildfires, and drought: the number of extreme events experienced during 2021 make clear the need for urgent action. The climate emergency is real and poses an existential threat to societies in both developed and developing countries.
UNWTO, WTTC & WTM Ministers’ Summit
Investing in Tourism’s Sustainable Future
Tuesday 2 November 2021
10.30 – 12.30
WTM London, ExCeL – WTM Global Stage
With the broadest value chain of any sector, touching on almost every part of society, travel and tourism has a unique ability – and a responsibility – to lead positive action on climate change. At WTM London 2021, UNWTO will be joined by WTTC to unite sector leaders and top thinkers to examine tourism’s sustainable future and the essential role targeted ‘green investments’ will play in achieving this.
The UNWTO, WTTC and WTM Ministers' Summit 2021 will provide a truly practical platform for tourism leaders of the public and private sectors to share best practices and explore investment opportunities.
The Ministers Summit is available for anyone to attend but you will need to register for WTM London first.
If you are a Ministers or Minister Aides then please register here on this unique Ministers registration form.
- Zeinab Badawi (BBC)
10:30 – 10:50 Opening & Welcome Remarks
- Simon Press, Reed Travel Exhibition, Director, WTM London
- Zurab Pololikashvili, Secretary-General, UNWTO
- Julia Simpson, CEO, WTTC
10:50 – 12:10 Ministerial Discussion: Investing in Tourism’s Sustainable Future
- Mr. Zurab Pololikashvili, Secretary-General, World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
- Ms. Julia Simpson, CEO, World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC)
- H.E Dr. Khaled El-Enany, Minister of Tourism and Antiquities of Egypt
- H.E. Vasilis Kikilias, Minister of Tourism of Greece
- H.E. Massimo Garavaglia, Minister for Tourism of Italy
- H.E. Rita Marques, Secretary of State for Tourism of Portugal
- H.E. Bernadette Fátima Romulo-Puyat, Secretary of the Philippines Department of Tourism
- H.E. Mrs. Memunatu Pratt, Minister of Tourism and Culture of Sierra Leone
- H.E. Nigel Huddleston MP, Minister of Sport, Tourism, Heritage and Civil Society of United Kingdom
- Federico González, CEO, Radisson Hotel Group
- Mr. David Lavorel, CEO, SITA AT AIRPORTS & BORDERS
12:10 – 12:30 Closing Remarks
Register now for 2021
Keep an eye out in the coming months for the latest WTM programme and suppliers attending the event.