In line with ATM’s theme of ‘Working Towards Net Zero’, Arabian Travel Market are committed to reducing the environmental impact of the event. Therefore, we have established 3 pillars that will help us achieve net zero by 2040.
Working Towards Net Zero
Provide quality content across all sectors of travel & tourism on both the ATM Global Stage and ATM Tech Stage.
Work closely with our partners, suppliers & advisors to find ways establish practices that will make ATM a more sustainable show.
Deploy sustainable practices for the overall event such as waste reduction, badging materials, limiting single use plastics and more.
Celebrating 30 Years with 30 Sustainability Goals
RX has pledged to become net zero by 2040 in line with our parent group, ten years ahead of our industry’s commitment to net zero by 2050. Furthermore, ATM will celebrate its 30th annual event in 2023, by initiating 30 short-, medium- and long-term sustainability goals, which will not only make ATM more sustainable, but they will also support our corporate pledge, as we work towards net zero.
3. Sustainable badges / wallet material
4. Introduce new Best Stand Award Category with sustainability goals to encourage best practice
5. Plant silk lanyards and end of show recycling
6. 30 Dubai Can water stations around the show
7. No single-use plastics in RX staff offices / staff catering and encourage the same on exhibition stands
8. Seminar sessions to integrate sustainability into all travel industry sectors
9. Paperless Media Centre
10. Recycled paper for Yearbook
11. QR code for speed networking info rather than printing brochures
12. Single host hotel for hosted media and buyers near to DWTC to reduce carbon emissions through ground transportation
17. Reduction in quantity of graphics printing (signage and theatres)
18. More sustainable graphics materials
19. Increase the re-use and recycling of graphics year-on-year
20. Enlist 'Earth Care Team' to liaise with exhibitors to improve recycling
21. Rent ready built furniture / features rather than purchasing or making bespoke
22. Work with our suppliers to understand their sustainability policies, plans, accreditation and guidelines within their own organisations and ensure where practicable that we work exclusively with suppliers with shared environmental values.
23. Smartspace - RX offers bespoke stand design and build through their Smartspace business. ATM pledges to offer sustainable stand design options to exhibitors wishing to use a Smartspace option.
24. Encourage waste reduction on exhibition stands
25. Advise exhibitors to produce digital business cards only and digital promotional material only
26. Collaborate with key partners, associations, sustainability accreditation companies and advisors to look to the future in offering guidelines to exhibitors for sustainable initiatives
27. We are working with UFI (the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry) to help lead our industry’s roadmap to net zero
28. RX has a global sustainability council and regional working groups to govern and progress our efforts towards net zero. Individuals on both global and local leadership teams are personally accountable for our progress.
29. At RX we are serious about sustainability, which is why we align with the science to limit climate change beyond 1.5 degrees. By 2030, we aim to cut our greenhouse gas emissions in half and achieve net zero by 2040 and we’ve already made a good start!
30. Long-term goals for ATM will include not just education and encouragement to reduce waste and carbon emissions but a requirement to do so. Only by working together in this way can we make a real positive impact on the environment in the future.