Members of leading travel trade association UKinbound who are exhibiting at the 2023 Arabian Travel Market are preparing for the Coronation of King Charles III on 6 May by developing new activities and experiences for both domestic and international visitors.
- A new Coronation walking tour through London from leading tour operator Golden Tours which visits several spectacular and historic Royal sites as well as informing participants about the Coronation of King Charles III
- The launch of a new High Palms Coronation Afternoon Tea by luxury hotel - The Landmark London which will offer guests a quintessentially British experience amongst the hotel’s grand palm trees in the hotel’s Winter Garden Restaurant – available only during the Coronation Weekend (6 – 8 May)
- Promotion of the Monarch’s Way which enables visitors to re-trace the route that the last King Charles to sit on the English throne (King Charles II) took as he fled to France following defeat by Oliver Cromwell in 1651.
Other new experiences and activities from UK exhibitors include:
- New dog friendly packages, family breaks, sushi masterclasses and sake tasting from five star luxury London hotel – The Prince Akatoki - one of Japan’s leading hotel and leisure companies
- A new exhibition to mark the 400th anniversary of the publication of ‘The First Folio’ – which contained 18 plays by William Shakespeare including Macbeth, The Tempest and Twelfth Night published seven years after Shakespeare’s death and deemed one of the most important pieces of Western literature.
- The launch of a new, unique tartan to celebrate the ruby anniversary of Scottish tour operator – Best of Scotland Holidays and to demonstrate its commitment to becoming Carbon Net Zero by 2025
Joss Croft OBE, CEO of UKinbound said: “This year is a really exciting year for the UK as we have the Coronation of King Charles III taking place in May followed a week later by a uniquely European event – The Eurovision Song Contest and it is great to see how
British tourism and hospitality businesses are preparing to inspire and involve our international visitors in these world class events.
“Our latest Business Barometer showed that confidence levels are the highest they have been for three years and there is a real sense of optimism now that the challenges of the pandemic are firmly behind us and the industry is returning to doing what it does best – helping our visitors to have unique and memorable experiences in the UK coupled with a warm British welcome.”
UK based tourism and hospitality businesses coming to the Arabian Travel Market include: Mazza Coaches; Bicester Village; Golden Tours Gray Line London; The Lancaster Landmark Hotel Company; Virgin Hotels Scotland; Gerrys DMC UK, Europe, UAE, USA; Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter; Visit Shakespeare’s England - Warwickshire; Best of Scotland Holidays; The Prince Akatoki London and Worldwide DMC Ltd in addition to the national tourist board – VisitBritain.