Subscribe to the City of Cape Town’s Destination Newsletter for the latest news, videos and events. Sign up here.
Host City of Cape Town
Get the best of Cape Town delivered straight to your inbox!
Cape Town, the Host City of Africa Travel Week, is Africa’s leading festivals and events destination. The city ranks among the world’s top destinations to visit and has all the attributes that appeal to people looking for a great city in which to live, work, study, play and invest. #ThisIsCapeTown
Visit Cape Town
Now is the perfect time to visit Cape Town. Surrounded by nature, the city is home to some of the world’s most iconic attractions. Read more: https://bit.ly/3ljKsYG
Live in Cape Town
Make your home in one of the world’s most desirable lifestyle cities. Read more: https://bit.ly/3FpCzJg
Work from Cape Town
Cape Town ranks among the world’s best cities for remote working. Read more: https://bit.ly/3ms81hs
Study in Cape Town
Cape Town is Africa’s most desirable city for students. Now that you can study virtually from anywhere, why not do it from Cape Town? Read more: https://bit.ly/3AiIImL
Play in Cape Town
Cape Town is a haven for thrill seekers. You could stay for weeks and still not tick off all the adventure activities on offer. From paragliding to kayaking, kitesurfing and sand boarding, Cape Town offers all the high-speed thrills. Read more: https://bit.ly/2YBRIXn
Invest in Cape Town
Cape Town is an attractive investment destination. The city offers an excellent lifestyle, world-class infrastructure, stable government, and an innovative and skilled workforce ready to help your business innovate. Read more: https://bit.ly/3lm5VR6
Journey of Taste
The Journey of Taste puts a spin on the traditional wine tasting experience, offering you a variety of experiences to ‘taste’ when planning a visit to the Constantia Winelands.
CAPE TOWN’S TOP 8
Cape Town offers a tremendous range of experiences from arts and culture to mountains and sea. Click here to explore the Top 8 and plan to make the most of your visit to Cape Town!
- Cape Town is twinned with London, Buenos Aires, Nice, San Francisco and several other international cities.
- Table Mountain was formed about 600 million years ago under the sea, and the movement of glaciers produced the flat tabletop.
- South Africa has 11 official languages, though most people can speak English. Afrikaans and Xhosa are also widely spoken in Cape Town and the Western Cape.
- About 3.5-million people live in Cape Town, South Africa’s second most-populated city.
- Cape Town was officially founded in 1652 when Jan van Riebeeck of the Dutch East India Company based in The Netherlands arrived to set up a halfway point for ships travelling to the East.
- The world’s first heart transplant was performed by Dr Christiaan Barnard in Cape Town in 1967.
- Cape Town is sometimes called the “Tavern of the seas”. The Port of Cape Town is deemed to be one of the busiest shipping corridors in the world.
- Cape Town was originally named by Bartolomeu Dias as the Cape of Storms.
- The Table Mountain National Park alone has more plant species within its 22 000 hectares than the whole British Isles or New Zealand.
What do visitors gain?
Looking for an opportunity to network and attend sessions from industry leaders about travel trends and innovations?
Thinking about exhibiting?
Display your country’s culture and gain exposure. Find out more about becoming an exhibitor at WTM Africa.