If you are a senior travel buyer with purchasing and contracting authority to purchase African destinations and experiences. WTM Africa is your must-attend event to network and negotiate business.
Buyers at WTM Africa
The world under one roof
Who Qualifies as a Buyer
Who can apply?
The buyer programme is made up of senior travel industry professionals with the responsibility for contracting or have direct purchasing authority.
At WTM Africa our buyer programme is segmented into two groups.
Hosted Buyers have been qualified under a strict application process to attend as VIPs and participate in an exclusive three day programme of activities tailored to their needs, with some of their costs of attending being paid for by WTM Africa. By being part of the Hosted Buyer Programme, you save time and money by meeting face-to-face, and engaging in high quality business conversations with a range of global brands, destinations and leading suppliers all under one roof whilst enjoying additional VIP benefits.
Buyers’ Club members have significant budgets for travel products, and are often looking for new suppliers. As a Buyers’ Club member you’ll have the opportunity to expand your connections in the comfort of dedicated lounges during the show. The club facilitates networking, providing the opportunity to meet, greet and discuss business, leading to contracts being signed whilst expanding connections.
The WTM Africa Buyers’ Programme is going from strength to strength and is considered one of the best places in Africa to conduct business and find new business.
Why should I attend?
WTM Africa is the leading and only B2B event for both inbound and outbound travel and tourism markets in Africa. The ‘Buyer Programme’ offers the opportunity for prominent buyers from within the travel industry to attend exclusive pre-arranged appointments, attend networking events and conduct new business deals.
Attending WTM Africa as a Buyer is an extremely cost effective and time efficient way to source and grow your network of reliable and high quality international suppliers. Take full advantage of all of the added benefits included in the Buyer programme and enjoy exclusive networking events.
What will I receive?
- Contribution towards the cost of your return flights to Cape Town (fully hosted buyers only)
- Complimentary return / round-trip airport transfers.
- Complimentary hotel accommodation in one of our partner hotels for up to four (4) nights
- Complimentary breakfast at your allocated hotel
- Transfers from your official hotel to the venue on all three days of the exhibitions
- Personalised diary of appointments with exhibitors of your choice
- Participation in one Speed Networking session (mandatory)
- Invitation to the highly exclusive WTM Africa Networking Event
- Access to the conference theatres and all seminars
- Access to the Buyers Lounge on the show floor, providing complimentary refreshments, lunch and WiFi
- Exclusive opportunity to attend one of WTM® Africa's official Post Event Tours (where applicable)
- Access to our WTM Buyers’ Club Lounge
- Online diary where you can arrange your meetings with exhibitors prior to the event
- Invitation to attend networking events
- Free pre-scheduled appointments system with exhibitors
- Speed networking sessions, which you will be able to reserve in your Online Diary. Please note that registration fee is applicable if you register for a speed networking session and is now part of the Buyers’ Club for 2021.
Meet your match
Attending World Travel Market Africa as either a Hosted Buyer or a Buyers’ Club member is an exclusive and very effective way to source and grow your network of reliable and high-quality suppliers, over just three days.
With over 700 exhibiting companies, there is so much to discover…
There are 3 stages to the appointment process to ensure you enjoy a full diary onsite:
- Self-Scheduled Appointments
Who can apply?
- Senior travel industry professional with responsibility for contracting or have direct purchasing authority
- Senior travel industry professionals who have evidence of past business in Africa and desire to expand in the South African continent
- Must be able to demonstrate sufficient business growth on the African continent in the last year
- Must be able to provide references from South African organisations you have conducted business with in the last year
- Must have an annual budget for consolidated spend in South Africa
What are the next steps?
Step 1. Register your interest
This is simply a qualifying first step to let us know you are interested in the programme. If you meet the specified requirements, you will be invited to continue with an application form.
Step 2. Selection process (PSA)
Once Pre-Scheduled Appointments (PSA) open you will be asked to select at least 45 exhibitors. You will be asked to rank your preferences. We will then use these preferences to continue the match-making process
Step 3. Matching process
There are 3 stages to the match-making process:
- Mutually requested appointments are selected;
- Exhibitor requests are processed;
- Buyer requests are processed
Step 4. Self-Scheduled Appointments (SSA)
Once the match-making process is complete, you will be given access to view your Appointment dairy online, which will stay open for approximately 10 days. During this time you can use the Self-Scheduling appointment tool to enhance your appointment diary and request any additional appointments.
Please buyers must select a minimum of 45 appointment preferences
“Thank you for such a great opportunity. It was extremely useful for my company and a pleasure to meet the companies in person which are already amongst our partners and especially it was a pleasure to meet a lot of new properties and companies operating in different African destinations.”
Register as a buyer
To register your interest in attending WTM Africa as a Buyer, simply complete this form.