If you are a senior level travel buyer with purchasing and contracting authority to purchase African destinations and experiences then WTM Africa is your must-attend event to network and contract business.
Buyers at WTM Africa
The world under one roof
Who Qualifies as a Hosted Buyer
Who can apply?
The buyer programme is made up of senior travel industry professionals with the responsibility for contracting or have direct purchasing authority.
At WTM Africa our buyer programme is segmented into three groups. NB. Hosted Buyers and Buyers Club members will be present at the physical event in Cape Town.
Hosted Buyers have been qualified under a strict application process to attend as VIPs and participate in an exclusive three day programme of activities tailored to their needs, with some of their costs of attending being paid for by WTM Africa. By being part of the Hosted Buyer Programme, you save time and money by meeting face-to-face, and engaging in high quality business conversations with a range of global brands, destinations and leading suppliers all under one roof whilst enjoying additional VIP benefits.
Buyers’ Club members have significant budgets for travel products, and are often looking for new suppliers. As a Buyers’ Club member you’ll have the opportunity to expand your connections in the comfort of dedicated lounges during the show. The club facilitates networking, providing the opportunity to meet, greet and discuss business, leading to contracts being signed whilst expanding connections.
The WTM Africa Buyers’ Club Programme is going from strength to strength and is considered one of the best places in Africa to conduct business and find new business.
Why should I attend?
WTM Africa is the leading and only B2B event for both inbound and outbound travel and tourism markets in Africa. The ‘Buyer Programme’ offers the opportunity for prominent buyers from within the travel industry to attend networking events and contract new business deals.
Attending WTM Africa as a Buyer is an extremely cost effective and time efficient way to source and grow your network of reliable and high quality international suppliers. Take full advantage of all of the added benefits included in the Buyer programme and enjoy exclusive networking events.
What will I receive?
- Contribution towards the cost of your return flights to Cape Town (fully hosted buyers only)
- Complimentary return / round-trip airport transfers.
- Complimentary hotel accommodation in one of our partner hotels for up to four (4) nights
- Complimentary breakfast at your allocated hotel
- Transfers from your official hotel to the venue on all three days of the exhibitions
- Personalised diary of appointments with exhibitors of your choice
- Participation in one Speed Networking session (mandatory)
- Invitation to the highly exclusive WTM Africa Networking Event
- Access to the conference theatres and all seminars
- Access to the Buyers Lounge on the show floor, providing complimentary refreshments, lunch and WiFi
- Exclusive opportunity to attend one of WTM® Africa's official Post Event Tours (where applicable)
- Access to our WTM Buyers’ Club Lounge
- Online diary where you can arrange your meetings with exhibitors prior to the event
- Invitation to attend networking events
- Speed networking sessions, which you will be able to reserve in your Online Diary on a day that suits your schedule
- Please note that a registration fee of GBP 10 is applicable upon approval of attendance
Meet your match
Attending World Travel Market Africa as either a Hosted Buyer or a Buyers’ Club member is an exclusive and very effective way to source and grow your network of reliable and high-quality suppliers, over just three days.
With over 700 exhibiting companies, there is so much to discover…
Who can apply?
- Senior travel industry professional with responsibility for contracting or have direct purchasing authority
- Senior travel industry professionals who have evidence of past business in Africa and desire to expand in the South African continent
- Must be able to demonstrate sufficient business growth on the African continent in the last year
- Must be able to provide references from South African organisations you have conducted business with in the last year
- Must have an annual budget for consolidated spend in South Africa
This is the business club dedicated area for senior travel industry decision makers with direct purchasing responsibility. The club facilitates networking, providing the opportunity to meet, greet and discuss business, leading to contracts being signed whilst expanding connections.
What are the next steps?
Step 1. Register your interest
This is simply a qualifying first step to let us know you are interested in the programme. If you meet the specified requirements, you will be invited to continue with an application form.
Step 2. Qualification process
The WTM Africa buyer team will be in touch to qualify your attendance as a VIP Buyer and confirm all other details prior to access to your Buyer Portal.
Step 3. VIP Buyer Portal
Access your VIP Buyer portal and make sure all your details are correct. Find valuable documents to make your travels easier and profile exhibitors you would like to meet virtually or onsite.
Step 4. Online Diary
Access your online diary to ensure your appointments are booked. Find appointment suggestions based on your stipulated targeted company activities, geo regions and sectors and fill up your diary to ensure valuable business meetings.
Please note, buyers must select a minimum of 45 appointment preferences.
I had excellent appointments and found the information and contacts that I was looking for, and I enjoyed tremendously Cape Town and the additional program as a hosted buyer.
I am going back to France with very good contacts, and I am sure our business will grow in Africa thanks to this attendance.
The exhibition was truly enlightening and inspiring, it was fascinating to see the diverse range of products and services on offer and to meet so many passionate and knowledgeable individuals. The networking opportunities were invaluable, and I am already seeing the benefits of the connections I made. I feel fortunate to have been able to attend such a fantastic event.
Thank you very much for the kind email. My participation on WTMA 2023 was really succesfull. I met many suppliers and knew about african products.
It was a hugely successful and productive event for us with many great connections made and I learnt so much throughout the event as well. Thank you all for a fantastic job. I spoke with lots of buyers and exhibitors, and I felt a spirit of optimism everywhere. As far as I can remember, not one negative comment.
Register as a Buyer
To register your interest in attending WTM Africa as a Buyer, simply complete this form.